Recipe: Lemon chicken
- 6 (about 120g each) free-range chicken breasts
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 eschallot (shallot), finely chopped
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. In a separate bowl, combine rosemary, garlic, eschallot and lemon rind and juice. Whisk in the olive oil, then pour over the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, place on a lightly greased roasting tray and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Meanwhile, place marinade in a saucepan and whisk over low heat until slightly reduced and thickened. Serve chicken with the sauce, the herb garden salad and couscous salad.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)