Recipe: Little crab sandwiches
- 400g fresh crabmeat (see note)
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbs creme fraiche or sour cream
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbs chopped chives
- 24 slices white bread
- 2 punnets mustard cress (see note)
- Drain the crabmeat well, squeezing out any excess water. Place the crabmeat in a bowl with the mayonnaise, creme fraiche, lemon zest and chives. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then stir to combine.
- Spread the crab mixture over 12 slices of bread, then top with the remaining bread. Use a 5cm round cookie cutter to cut rounds from the sandwiches (you should be able to make 2 rounds per sandwich).
- Serve the little crab sandwiches garnished with mustard cress.
- Fresh crabmeat is from fishmongers. Mustard cress is from selected supermarkets and greengrocers.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)