Recipe: Mango & macaroon trifle
- 110g sponge finger biscuits (Unibic brand), quartered
- 90g apricot & coconut cookies (Paradise Lites brand), crumbled
- 80ml (1/3 cup) white dessert wine
- 1 x 600g ctn 99 per cent fat-free custard (Pauls Trim brand)
- 2 large ripe mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled, thinly sliced
- Place one-third of the sponge biscuit and one-third of the cookies in the base of a 2L (8-cup) capacity serving bowl. Drizzle with one-third of the wine and spoon over one-third of the custard. Arrange one-third of the mango over the top.
- Repeat, in 2 more layers, with the remaining sponge biscuit, cookies, wine, custard and mango. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Spoon into bowls to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)