Recipe: Maple syrup & pecan pudding
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 200g pkt pecan nuts
- 100g almond meal
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (about 180g) banana, roughly chopped
- 185ml (3/4 cup) maple flavoured syrup
- Dairy-free vanilla ice dessert (Fruccio brand), to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush four 150ml ramekins or dariole cup-shaped moulds with the oil to grease. Reserve 12 pecan nuts. Place the remaining pecan nuts in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the almond meal, eggs, banana and 60ml (1/4 cup) of the maple syrup. Process for 2 minutes or until the mixture is combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the greased ramekins and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Place on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place remaining pecan nuts on a baking tray in oven for 3-4 minutes or until toasted and golden brown. Set aside to cool, then chop.
- To serve, use an oven mitt to remove the puddings from the oven and turn out onto serving plates. Drizzle each with the remaining maple syrup. Sprinkle with the toasted pecan nuts and serve immediately with the vanilla ice dessert.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)