Recipe: Mushrooms with herbs and bacon
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 100g 97% fat-free bacon, roughly chopped
- 500g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Toasted wholegrain bread, to serve
- 1 Spray a frying pan with oil. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Set aside.
- 2 Spray mushrooms with oil. Add mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce to frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 3 Add thyme, parsley and bacon to mushrooms. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, for 1 minute or until bacon is hot. Serve on wholegrain toast.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)