Recipe: Orange yoghurt cakes
- 1 orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 70% less fat spread, melted (we used Flora Extra Light brand)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 x 200g tub 99% fat-free vanilla yoghurt (we used Nestle Diet brand)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a 6-hole, 1/3-cup (80ml) capacity muffin pan. Finely grate rind from three-quarters of orange.
- Finely slice remaining rind. Set both aside. Peel orange, removing the white pith. Segment orange. Place spread, grated orange rind, caster sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Add combined egg, 6 tablespoons of yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of water. Using a wooden spoon, mix until batter is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes until three-quarters full. Tap pan lightly on workbench to settle. Bake cakes for 10 to 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool in pan for 1 minute. Turn out onto a wire rack. Place warm cakes on plates. Top with remaining yoghurt and sliced orange rind.
- Serve with orange segments.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)