Recipe: Pork Medallions With Green Beans
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 400g pork fillet, trimmed
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground gluten-free
- sumac (see note)
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Spray eggplant with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Slice eggplant pieces in half. Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside. Cut pork into 12 pieces.
- Using a meat mallet, pound each piece of pork until 0.5cm thick. Spray both sides pork with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pork over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Cover with foil to keep warm. Spray tomatoes lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Place eggplant, beans, tomatoes, olives and cooking juices in a large bowl.
- Toss gently to coat. Divide vegetables and pork among serving plates. Sprinkle with sumac.
- Drizzle with a little remaining lemon juice. Serve.
Note: Sumac is a purple-red, Middle Eastern spice available in the spices section of your supermarket.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)