Recipe: Pork, Pecan And Spinach Salad
- 600g pork fillet
- 2 teaspoons Azalea grapeseed oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 120g baby spinach
- 100g chargrilled red capsicum, drained, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup 99% fat-free Italian balsamic dressing
- Cut pork in half crossways. Rub with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook pork for 5 minutes each side or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a board. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Combine spinach, capsicum and pecans in a bowl.
- Add pork and onion. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)