Recipe: Pudding ice cream sandwiches
- 4 cups 97% fat-free vanilla ice-cream
- 1 1/2 cups Christmas pudding crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua liqueur or strong black espresso coffee
- 20 natural ice-cream wafers
- Line a 6cm deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends. Spoon ice-cream into a large bowl.
- Stand for 10 minutes or until slightly softened (but not melted). Combine pudding crumbs and liqueur in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine. Stir pudding crumb mixture into ice-cream. Spoon mixture into loaf pan. Smooth surface. Cover with plastic wrap and foil.
- Freeze overnight. Lift loaf out of pan. Cut into ten 2cm-thick slices. Sandwich 1 ice-cream slice between 2 wafers.
- Repeat with remaining ice-cream slices and wafers.
Number of servings (yield): 10
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)