Recipe: Quick fruit loaf
- 375g packet mixed dried fruit
- 1/3 cup brandy, heated
- 180g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 100g packet almond meal
- Combine fruit and hot brandy. Cover. Stand for 3 hours. Grease and line a 6cm deep, 10.5cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar for 4 to 5 minutes, or until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add butter mixture to fruit mixture. Mix well. Sift flour and spice over fruit mixture. Add almond meal. Mix until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth surface.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. If cake is browning too much, cover with foil after 50 minutes. Allow to cool completely in pan. Slice and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)