Recipe: Roasted vegetable & feta pizza
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 red and 1 yellow capsicum, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 large fat-free pizza bases
- 100ml tomato passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 120g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large baking tray (to fit vegetables in a single layer), toss pumpkin, capsicum, onion and zucchini with oil, then season. Roast for 10 minutes, then remove zucchini and place in a large bowl.
- Return tray to the oven for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and capsicums are a little charred at the edges. Add to zucchini and toss with balsamic, then set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C. Wipe tray clean and place bases on tray. Spread passata on bases and top with vegetables, reserving any balsamic. Top with feta and bake for 15-20 minutes until feta is golden. Toss basil in reserved balsamic and scatter over pizzas to serve.
- Fat-free pizza bases and tomato passata available from selected supermarkets and greengrocers.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)