Recipe: Roasted vegetable pizza
- 2 x 335g 97% fat-free pizza bases
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 2 cups sliced roasted vegetables (such as potato, pumpkin, onion)
- 1 cup (90g) chopped roasted turkey, skin removed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated light mozzarella cheese
- 30g baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Arrange pizza bases on 2 baking trays. Spread with pesto.
- Divide vegetables, turkey and tomatoes between pizza bases. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. Swap pizzas over in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until bases are crisp and cheese is melted. Top with spinach. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Variation: This recipe works equally well with roasted chicken instead of turkey.
- Tip: To reduce the fat and kilojoule content, replace the pizza bases with Lebanese bread and the pesto with hommus or baba ghanoush.
- Cost per serve using leftover roasted vegetables and turkey
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)