Recipe: Sesame pork
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 4 (about 180g each) pork loin cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high. Combine the honey, tamari, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, coriander and sesame seeds in a small bowl. Place the pork in a large glass or ceramic dish. Pour over the honey mixture and turn to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Remove the pork from the bowl and reserve the marinade. Spray the pork with olive oil spray. Cook on grill for 5 minutes each side. Reduce heat to medium and cook, brushing with the reserved marinade, for a further 5 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Divide the wombok with bacon & green beans among serving plates. Top with sesame pork and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)