Recipe: Sesame spinach salad
- 30g sesame seeds
- 60ml (1/4 cup) tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 2 tbs mirin (rice wine)
- 3 bunches English spinach, washed, dried, cut into 12cm lengths
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add sesame seeds and cook for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Add tamari and mirin and bring to the boil.
- Place spinach in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Squeeze out excess water. Place in a bowl. Add dressing and combine.
- Make this recipe up to 1 hour ahead. If mirin is unavailable, you can use sake or dry sherry instead.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)