Recipe: Steak and rocket wraps
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g beef round steak, trimmed
- 4 Lebanese pita breads
- 80g baby rocket
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup 97% fat-free dijonnaise
- Preheat barbecue plate or a non-stick frying pan and grill on medium-high heat. Combine onion and 2 teaspoons oil in a bowl. Toss to coat. Cook onion on barbecue plate, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until light golden. Meanwhile, brush remaining oil over both sides of steak.
- Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover and stand for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice across grain. Heat bread on barbecue plate for 30 seconds each side. Place on a chopping board. Top each with rocket, tomato, steak and onion. Drizzle with dijonnaise. Roll up to enclose filling. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)