- 1 tbs instant coffee
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 500g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 1 cup 98% fat-free vanilla custard
- 1 tbs Kahlua
- 24 Italian sponge finger biscuits (Savoiardi)
- 1 tbs cocoa powder.
- Combine 1 tbs instant coffee and 1 cup hot water. Cool. Add 1/2 cup Kahlua. Set aside. Use an electric beater to beat 500g low-fat fresh ricotta, 1 cup 98% fat-free vanilla custard and 1 tbs Kahlua until smooth.
- Dip 24 Italian sponge finger biscuits (Savoiardi) into the coffee mixture quickly then place standing up right around the edges of 8 serving glasses.
- Divide the ricotta mixture among the centre of the glasses. Sift over 1 tbs cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Prep: 20 mins (plus chilling)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: Italian