Recipe: Barbecued tofu
- 3 x 320g pkts TLY Nigari Hard Stir Fry Tofu, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 125ml (1/2 cup) tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 60g (1/4 cup) white sugar
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally 2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes, plus extra on the side
- Place tofu, in a single layer, in a large glass or ceramic dish. Whisk tamari, sugar, mustard powder, onion flakes and garlic powder together in a jug.
- Pour over tofu. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate on medium-high. Brush barbecue with oil. Cook tofu for 3 minutes each side or until caramelised. Transfer tofu to a serving platter and top with shallots. Sprinkle sesame seeds and dried chilli flakes over and serve hot with extra chilli flakes on the side.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)