Recipe: Beetroot salsa
- 2 beetroot bulbs, trimmed
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard (see note)
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs chopped fresh dill
- 1 shallot, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Wearing rubber gloves to avoid staining your hands, peel the beetroot. Coarsely grate the beetroot into a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine the mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir the mustard mixture, dill and shallot into the beetroot. Season with salt and pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)