Recipe: Cajun-spiced beef with baby potatoes & salad
- 600g baby coliban (chat) potatoes, halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 (about 100g each) beef fillet steaks
- 1 tbs Cajun spice mix
- 1 x 370g pkt Woolworths Complete Family Salad Mix
- 2 tbs 100 per cent fat-free salad dressing
- Cook the potato in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water, covered, for 8 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, brush a barbecue flat plate with half the oil.
- Preheat on medium-high. Brush both sides of the beef with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the spice mix. Add the beef to the barbecue and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate.
- Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest. Combine the salad mix and dressing in a bowl. Divide the salad, potato and steak among serving plates. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)