Recipe: Chargrilled chicken, pear & walnut salad
- 500g single chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 red capsicums, quartered, seeds removed
- Olive oil spray
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 80g pkt baby rocket leaves
- 3 beurre bosc pears, washed, unpeeled, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fat-free French dressing
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 slices rye or wholegrain bread, to serve
- Preheat a barbeque chargrill plate on medium. Spray chicken and capsicums with olive oil spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken and capsicum on barbeque for 4 minutes each side until chicken is cooked and the capsicum skin has blackened and blistered.
- Place capsicum in a plastic bag. Seal and set aside for 15 minutes. Set chicken aside to rest. Peel skin off capsicum and cut into thin strips. Diagonally slice the chicken across the grain. Place rocket, pear slices, walnuts, capsicum and chicken in a large bowl.
- Toss gently to combine. Whisk dressing and mustard together. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve salad with bread.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)