Recipe: Chocolate & raspberry trifle
- 1 x 320g pkt assorted biscuits (Arnott’s Emporio Cafe Selection brand), omitting melting moments, crushed
- 2 x 300g pkts frozen raspberries, thawed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) marsala
- 500g mascarpone, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) vanilla or caster sugar
- 3 free-range eggs, separated
- 2 x 45g Flake Noir chocolate bars (Cadbury brand), roughly broken, to serve
- Place biscuit in a glass bowl. Reserve 25g (1/4 cup) of the raspberries. Sprinkle remaining raspberries over biscuit. Drizzle with 100ml of marsala. Use an electric beater to beat the remaining marsala, mascarpone, sugar and egg yolks in a bowl until combined.
- Use a clean electric beater to whisk egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture until just combined.
- Pour over raspberries and smooth surface with the back of a spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 8 hours to set. Sprinkle trifle with chocolate and reserved raspberries to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)