Recipe: Coriander chicken with Asian coleslaw
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 12 chicken tenderloins, tendons removed
- 250g Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 red capsicum, quartered, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey soy 99% fat-free salad dressing
- olive oil cooking spray
- Roughly chop half the coriander leaves and stems. Place in a food processor with garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Process until well combined. Transfer to a ceramic bowl. Season wih salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
- Remove leaves from remaining coriander. Place two-thirds of coriander leaves in a large bowl with cabbage, carrot, capsicum and onion. Drizzle with honey soy dressing. Toss until well combined. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Lightly spray chicken with oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Slice chicken diagonally. Divide salad between bowls. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining coriander leaves. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)