Recipe: Greek-style mezze
- 4 white pita pockets (Bazaar brand), each cut into 4 triangles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 x 250g tub hummus
- 100g bought marinated green olives, drained
- 100g 97 per cent fat-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 4 stuffed vine leaves, drained on paper towel
- 160g bought chargrilled eggplant, drained on paper towel
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place pita on prepared tray. Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven. Transfer to a serving bowl. Use a vegetable peeler to slice cucumber into ribbons. Place in a small serving bowl.
- Place the hummus, olives and semi-dried tomatoes in separate serving bowls. Arrange on a large serving platter with the vine leaves and eggplant. Serve with pita crisps.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)