Recipe: Green beans with pancetta
- 100g thin slices pancetta
- 600g green round beans, trimmed
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 75g (1/2 cup) dry-roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat grill on high. Place pancetta on a baking tray. Cook under grill for 5 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cool slightly. Break into shards. Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Combine oil and vinegar. Pour over beans. Season with salt and pepper. Toss. Top with pancetta and hazelnut.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)