Recipe: Mandarin, marmalade and almond loaves
- olive oil cooking spray
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3/4 cup 99% fat-free vanilla yoghurt
- 2 large (260g) mandarins, peeled, chopped, seeds discarded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup grapefruit marmalade, warmed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray eight 3/4 cup-capacity non-stick mini loaf pans with oil (see note). Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine. Add flour, almond meal, yoghurt, mandarin and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared pans and smooth surfaces. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm dolloped with marmalade.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)