Recipe: No-bake chocolate delights
- 125g butter, chopped
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 255g (3 cups) desiccated coconut
- 260g (1 cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 125g white chocolate melts, melted
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place the butter, sugar, water and cocoa powder in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Bring the butter mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut and peanut butter. Drop 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture onto the lined trays. Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until firm. Place the chocolate melts in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Dip a fork into the melted chocolate. Drizzle the chocolate over the delights. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)