Recipe: Poached eggs with spinach & bacon
- 2 x 240g pkts cherry truss tomatoes
- 2 x 125g pkts Weight Watchers 98% fat free bacon
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 240g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 6 eggs
- 6 thick slices multigrain bread, toasted, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomatoes on the lined tray. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until just tender. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover. Add oil and spinach to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Add vinegar and use a wooden spoon to stir the water to make a whirlpool. Carefully crack 1 egg into the centre of the whirlpool and poach for 3-4 minutes for a soft egg or until cooked to your liking.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining eggs. Divide the toast among serving plates. Top with the bacon, spinach and poached eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the tomatoes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)