Recipe: Potato gnocchi bake
- 500g fresh potato gnocchi (see note)
- 800g can diced Roma tomatoes
- 100g 97% fat-free shaved leg ham, roughly chopped
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated light mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 5cm deep, 16cm x 23cm ceramic baking dish. Combine uncooked gnocchi, tomatoes, ham and capsicum in a large bowl. Roll up basil and shred with a sharp knife.
- Stir into gnocchi mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until gnocchi is cooked through. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)