Recipe: Raspberry buttermilk muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup all-bran cereal
- 125g light polyunsaturated margarine, melted, cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole,1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases. Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add caster sugar and cereal. Stir to combine. Make a well in the centre. Whisk margarine, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla together in a jug. Pour into well. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined.
- Fold through raspberries. Spoon mixture into muffin holes. Sprinkle with demerara sugar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of 1 comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)