Recipe: Roma tomato & thyme chutney
- 2 x 250g punnets baby roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Place the tomato, onion, garlic, sugar, vinegar and thyme in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool. Transfer to a sterilised glass jar or a plastic container.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)