Recipe: Saffron rice with pistachio and radish
- 1 cup Massel gluten-free liquid chicken stock Pinch saffron threads (optional) 40g unsalted butter
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels, chopped
- 3 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Place stock and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add saffron (if using). Stir to combine. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden. Add rice to onion mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until coated.
- Add stock mixture. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring once during cooking, for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in pistachios and radish. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)