Recipe: Semi-dried tomato aioli
- 125g semi-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 250ml (1 cup) grapeseed oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tbs warm water
- Process the tomatoes in a food processor until a coarse paste forms. Add the egg yolks, mustard and vinegar and process until well combined.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin steady stream until combined. Add the lemon juice and process until well combined. Gradually add water until it reaches dipping consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)