Recipe: Smoked chicken with capsicum penne
- 1 large (about 280g) red capsicum, halved, deseeded,
- cut into 2cm-thick strips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 x 500g pkt smoked chicken drumsticks
- 200g (2 1/2 cups) penne pasta
- 2 tbs finely grated parmesan
- 80ml (1/3 cup) 97 per cent fat-free diet sour creme (Pauls brand)
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed, washed, dried
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place capsicum on prepared tray and brush with oil. Bake on top shelf of preheated oven for 20 minutes or until brown. Wrap chicken in foil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven. Remove chicken meat from bones. Discard bones. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain and return to the pan. Cover with a lid to keep warm. Kids’ task: Combine parmesan and sour crÃ¨me in a bowl.
- Divide the pasta among serving plates. Top with chicken, capsicum, rocket and a dollop of the sour creme mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)