Recipe: Spaghetti with semi-dried tomatoes, basil & chilli oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tsp dried crushed hot chillies
- 400g dried spaghetti no. 5 (Barilla brand)
- 200g 97 per cent fat-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed finely shredded fresh basil
- 20g (1/3 cup) shaved parmesan (Mil Lel brand)
- Combine the oil and chilli in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente.
- Drain well and return to the pan. Add the chilli oil, tomatoes and half the basil, and gently toss until combined. Divide pasta among serving bowls and sprinkle with remaining basil. Serve immediately with parmesan.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)