Recipe: Spicy pork and broccoli stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 400g pork leg steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 350g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 6 green onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Combine vinegar, tamari, chilli and sugar in a jug. Stir to dissolve sugar. Spray a large wok or frying pan with oil. Heat over high heat. Add half the pork. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining pork. Spray wok or pan with oil. Return to high heat. Add white onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add broccoli. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Add green onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Return pork to wok or pan. Add vinegar mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)