Recipe: Carrot & Apple Salad
- 100g (1 cup) walnut kernels
- 6 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 green apple, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 65g (1/3 cup) sultanas
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the walnuts on a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool. Place the carrot and apple in a bowl.
- Add half the lemon juice and toss to combine. Stir in the walnuts and sultanas. Combine oil, honey and remaining lemon juice in a screw-top jar.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)