Recipe: Frittatine With Broccolini, Ricotta And Olives
- 2 bunches broccolini,
- 1cm trimmed from ends
- 8 free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped mint
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 40g finely grated parmesan
- 20 (100g) kalamata olives, halved
- Flat-leaf parsley, lemon slices and capers, drizzled with olive oil, to serve
- Preheat grill to high. Meanwhile, cook broccolini in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in iced water, then drain again. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk eggs, mint, lemon rind and 1/3 cup ricotta together in a bowl then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/4 tsp oil in a 12cm non-stick blinis pan over medium heat until almost smoking. Pour in 1/8 of egg mixture then, working quickly, push egg mixture to centre of pan, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath.
- When mixture is set on the base but still a little runny on top, slide on to a greased oven tray. Top with 2 spears of broccolini then dot with 1 tbs ricotta.
- Scatter with 5 olive halves and 1/8 of parmesan. Repeat process with remaining ingredients until you have 8 frittatine assembled, then grill for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with parsley, lemon and caper salad.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)