Recipe: Moroccan Lamb With Fragrant Couscous
- 4 Moroccan lamb drumsticks (about 1kg)
- 1 1/3 cup (260g) couscous
- 1/2 cup (85g) pitted dried dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) grapefruit juice (about 1 grapefruit)
- 3 oranges, peeled, segmented
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup (50g) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup (130g) fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the drumsticks in a baking dish. Cook in the oven for 5 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180°C and cook for 50 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place the couscous and dates in a heatproof bowl.
- Add the grapefruit juice and 1 cup (250ml) of boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Use a fork to separate the grains. Add the oranges, coriander leaves, almonds and cinnamon. Stir through until well combined. Mix the yoghurt, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 1/2 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
- Divide the couscous and drumsticks among serving plates. Top with the yoghurt and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)