Recipe: Pan-Fried Tofu With Ponzu Dressing And Shredded Vegetables
- 1/4 cup (50g) rice flour
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup (60ml) gluten-free tamari
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs mirin (see note)
- 1 1/2 tbs grapeseed oil (see note)
- 2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 green capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 6 spring onions, cut into long strips, plus extra sliced to garnish
- Place the rice flour on a large plate and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dust each slice of tofu in seasoned rice flour to coat, then shake off excess.
- Mix together the tamari, lime juice and mirin, then set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frypan over high heat.
- Add the tofu, in batches if necessary, and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from pan and keep warm while you cook the vegetables. Wipe frypan clean and heat remaining oil over high heat.
- Add the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until warmed through but still crisp.
- Divide the vegetables among serving plates, top with tofu and drizzle with a little of the dressing. Top with extra spring onion and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)