Recipe: Rice-Crusted Salmon Bake
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 30g butter, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 415g can pink salmon, drained, bones and skin removed, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Kraft mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon MasterFoods dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup grated Coon cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Cook rice following packet directions. Combine rice, butter and egg in a bowl. Grease a 5cm-deep, 18cm x 28cm (base) ovenproof dish.
- Press rice mixture over base and sides of dish. Top with salmon. Combine milk, mayonnaise and mustard in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking, for 2 to 3 minutes or until nearly boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium. Combine cornflour and 2 tablespoons cold water in a bowl. Stir cornflour mixture into milk mixture. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Cool slightly. Spoon milk mixture over salmon. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)