Recipe: Ricotta, Tomato & Basil Torte
- Olive oil, to grease
- 500g fresh low-fat ricotta
- 100g creamy feta, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves picked, finely shredded
- 375g grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil leaves, extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly brush a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan with oil to grease.
- Release the base from the pan. Place a sheet of non-stick baking paper over the base allowing the sides to overhang. (This makes the tart easier to remove once cooked).
- Secure the base back into the pan. Use an electric beater to beat the ricotta, feta, eggs and garlic in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the basil.
- Transfer the ricotta mixture to the prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Arrange the tomato, cut-side up, on top of the ricotta mixture.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour or until set and golden. Set aside to cool completely. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm. Release the base from the pan.
- Use the paper to slide the torte onto a serving plate. Top with extra basil leaves to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)