Recipe: Scrambled Egg And Ham Croissant
- 2 x 240g pkts cherry truss tomatoes
- 8 free-range eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 20g butter, chopped
- 4 large croissants, warmed, halved horizontally
- 100g shaved leg ham
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place tomatoes on tray and bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a 22cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Whisk the eggs and cream in a bowl until just combined.
- Heat the butter in the pan until foaming. Swirl the pan to coat the base. Add the egg mixture and cook, without stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Use a flat-edged wooden spoon to push the mixture, scraping the bottom of the pan rather than stirring, from one side of the pan to the other.
- Repeat every 10 seconds, lifting and folding the egg, until three-quarters of the egg mixture is cooked. Remove from the heat and gently fold the egg twice.
- Divide the croissant bases, cut-side up, among serving plates. Top with ham and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining croissant and serve with tomatoes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)