Recipe: Spinach & Mushroom Crepes
- 1 x 250g pkt frozen chopped-leaf spinach, thawed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 150g portobello or Swiss brown mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 200g reduced-fat ricotta
- 2 tbs fat-free milk Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh chives
- 500ml (2 cups) cold water
- 1 x 300g btl crepe mix
- Use your hands to squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add spinach and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add ricotta and milk and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just heated through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside. Add 1 tbs of the chives and the water to the crepe mix. Prepare crepe mix following packet directions.
- Heat a 20cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour 60ml (1/4 cup) of batter into the pan and tilt to cover base. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more crepes. Divide crepes among serving plates and fold in half. Top with the spinach mixture and fold in half again to enclose filling.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chives and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)