Recipe: Tortellini Boscaiola
- 625g fresh veal tortellini pasta
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g 97% fat-free bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add mushroom. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add milk and wine. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain pasta. Return to saucepan over low heat.
- Add mushroom mixture and parsley. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Spoon pasta into bowls. Top with parmesan. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)