Recipe: Tuscan Potato, Basil & Caramelised Onion Salad
- 3 x 400g pkts Woolworths Tuscan Style Baby Potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 large red onions, peeled, halved, cut into thick wedges
- 2 bunches fresh basil, leaves picked, torn
- 1 large lemon
- 85g (1/3 cup) whole-egg aioli
- Cook the potatoes following packet directions. Set aside to cool slightly. Halve. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and potato for 10-12 minutes or until the onion is soft and potato is golden. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes or until cooled to room temperature.
- Add the basil and toss to combine. Use a zester, or a vegetable peeler and a small sharp knife, to cut the lemon rind into thin strips. Halve and juice the lemon.
- Whisk the aïoli, lemon rind and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)