Recipe: Chicken sausages with white-wine beans
- 600g gluten-free chicken sausages (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped oregano leaves
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- Shaved parmesan and lemon wedges, to serve
- Prick the sausages with a fork. Place in a frypan with 1/2 cup (125ml) wine, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, uncover and cook for 3-4 minutes until almost cooked and wine is evaporated.
- Halve the sausages lengthways, then return to pan,cut-side down, for 1 minute until cooked through and crisp. Set aside. Heat oil in the same pan on medium heat.
- Add onion and stir for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add capsicum, beans, oregano and remaining wine, and season. Cook for 5-6 minutes until almost evaporated.
- Top with sausages to heat through, then remove. Toss the beans with rocket, then serve topped with sausages and shaved parmesan, with lemon wedges to squeeze.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)