Recipe: Low-fat pasta boscaiola
- 400g fettuccine pasta
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 cup Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 125g 97% fat-free bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Blend cornflour and 1 tablespoon of milk to a smooth paste.
- Add remaining milk, stock, and salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon, garlic and onion. Spray with oil.
- Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms. Cover. Cook, stirring every minute, for 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Drain pasta. Set aside. Return saucepan to stovetop over medium heat. Add milk mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce just comes to the boil.
- Add pasta, bacon mixture and parsley. Reduce heat to low. Toss until heated through. Season with pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)