Recipe: Poached chicken with asparagus & sesame
- 3 x 170g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs gluten-free tamari
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 3 bunches asparagus, blanched for 2 minutes in boiling water, refreshed
- 60g baby Asian salad leaves or mixed baby salad leaves (mesclun)
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and pour over enough water to just cover. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cover with a lid.
- Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stand the chicken in the liquid for 10 minutes. Drain and thickly slice. Set aside.
- Combine vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, spring onions and sesame seeds in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Divide the asparagus, salad leaves and chicken among serving plates and drizzle with the dressing.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)