Recipe: Asian Watercress Salad
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber
- 1 bunch watercress, sprigs picked, washed, dried
- 120g (2 cups) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Chargrilled chicken breast with ginger
- Whisk together the lime juice, tamari, sweet chilli sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Use a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber lengthways into thin ribbons.
- Place in a large bowl along with the watercress, bean sprouts, coriander and mint. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve topped with the chargrilled chicken breast with ginger.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)