Recipe: Beef chevapi with paprika yoghurt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 (about 400g) beef chevapi (skinless sausages) (Woolworths brand)
- 1 x 450g Turkish pide, cut crossways into 4, split
- 1 x 125g ctn 99.8 per cent fat-free traditional natural yoghurt (Dairy Farmers brand)
- 1/2 tsp ground sweet paprika
- Cherry tomato & chickpea salad (recipe follows), to serve
- Ground sweet paprika, extra, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef chevapi and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the pide to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until toasted.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Kids’ task: Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt and paprika in a medium bowl.
- Divide the cherry tomato & chickpea salad among serving bowls. Top with chevapi and paprika yoghurt.
- Sprinkle with extra paprika and serve with toasted pide.
- Leftovers: Use the yoghurt in fruit smoothies.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)